Speak to our friendly team

Prima Insurance

Speak to our friendly team

0330 088 1135

Business Insurance >>

Charity Insurance

Giving your time and effort to a great cause can be immensely rewarding. Managing a small charity, social club, community group, or not-for-profit organization comes with its own set of risks.

We understand that your organization requires specialized cover from accidents involving volunteers or visitors to allegations of wrongdoing against trustees. Therefore, we provide you with expert advice and quotations from leading insurers, giving you peace of mind that your organisation and trustees are protected.

Standard cover includes:



Business Interruption

Public Liability

Employers Liability


What charity insurance coverage do I need?

In most cases, public and employers’ liability insurance are fundamental covers for charities. The public liability insurance you have can cover costs of up to £5 million, should someone be injured or their property damaged as a result of your organization.

Employers’ liability insurance is usually a legal requirement if you employ full-time or part-time employees or have volunteers. You are covered up to £10 million if someone working or volunteering for you gets injured or ill while they’re working for you. Additionally, if there are trustees, it is recommended that you have trustee indemnity insurance.

If your organisation owns its building or has content and computing equipment, you would want to ensure these assets from incidents such as fire, flood, theft, etc. Generally, this can be added to our charity insurance package policies.


Common Inquiries


Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.

Will our insurance policy cover our volunteers?
When buying your policy from us, you should select employers’ liability insurance and public liability insurance to cover your volunteers.
Do I need insurance for my charity?

You must have insurance if your charity employs staff or operates vehicles on public roads. Prima Insurance recommends that all charities consider getting a charity insurance policy. If, for example, your charity office is flooded, business interruption cover, which is included in your policy, ensures that your charity can keep on providing support and generating funds.

Do I need separate liability insurance for a fundraising event that I am organising?
We automatically cover most fundraising events under the charity liability insurance section of our policy, but for others we may need additional information to ensure that you are properly covered.

Expert advice from Prima Insurance Brokers

With several years of experience and expertise across the not-for-profit, charity and education sectors. Clients can count on us as their in-house insurance advisers since we take the time to understand their organisation in depth creating a strong, trusting partnership.

We know the charity sector has a wide range of special risks, which can often be confusing. By drawing on our experience and knowledge, we can guide you through every challenge and complexity – from legal requirements to operational set up.